Things are off to an amazing start at BPY thanks to our wonderful community of yogis! Here are some important reminders of upcoming events and information involving the studio:
1. New student passes – we continue to offer a new student intro pass for $25.00. You can use this pass as a coupon and get 20% off your next class pass purchase as long as you complete your purchase before your new student pass expires.
2. Our Grand Opening special sale of $99 for one month unlimited passes is set to expire on May 15th, 2015. This unlimited monthly pass must be purchased by May 15th, but can still be used past this date. So, by way of example, if you buy the pass on May 15th your pass is good until June 15th.
3. Beginner’s series with Derek McMahon starts this Saturday, May 2nd, 2015. Class cards do not work for workshops and they must be purchased separately. This beginner’s series is in three parts – May 2nd, May 9th, and May 16th. You can drop into any one class for $15 or you can purchase all three for $40 and save some cash. You can register for Derek McMahon’s workshop in advance at MindBody.
4. We have Sensei Derek Cook coming to the studio on May 17th for a Budokon 101 workshop. We are going to have a kick-ass time with Sensei Derek learning the ins and outs of Budokon. Make sure to hit up MindBody and secure your spot. Cost for this 3 hour workshop is $35.
5. May is all about AVEDA’s Stress Fix line – this product line is clinically proven to reduce stress. And you know what we love even more? AVEDA sources their ingredients from sources that are organically grown and promote sustainability. These products make great Mother’s Day gifts, and here at BPY, if you bring your Mom to yoga on Mother’s Day, she gets to practice free and she receives a special gift from AVEDA.
6. A couple more noteworthy things on the Balanced Planet Yoga schedule this month are: Budokon Buddies on Monday, May 11th. Have a friend that you have been trying to convince to come check out our crazy Budokon practice? Well, now they have no excuse! Bring them to class for free! Any current student with a class pass in place can bring along a friend for free on Monday, May 11th (friend will be required to complete new student form). Saturday, May 16th is BPY’s next Karma class to benefit Clean Ocean Action (COA). You can pay any amount to practice that day and all proceeds go to COA. And every Wednesday night’s 8:15 pm class with Kate is a Community Class – Just $10 to drop in on Wednesday nights or you can use a class pass.
7. BPY is participating in Kino McGregor and Kerri Verna’s May Instagram Yoga Challenge #MayIBeginYoga2015 beginning on May 1, 2015 and we are encouraging all of you to participate as well. New to Instagram challenges? No worries. All of us here at BPY are committed to helping you learn more about the IG Yoga community. This challenge is designed for beginners and Kino and Kerri usually show modifications to every posture. If not, your BPY yoga teachers are here to help answer any questions you may have about any of the postures. We also make excellent picture takers after class to help you capture your shot. A caution – IG challenges are about starting a daily practice – not about pose perfection. Listen to your body in and out of the studio and practice safely. Only you know best how your body is feeling on any given day. Don’t do a pose cold – warm the body up and do not push your body beyond your limits. Our motto is that we want to live to practice another day. If you hurt yourself, you are not going to be able to do that. So go easy – with practice you will get where you want to go.
8. Lastly, make sure you check the schedule around the Memorial Day Holiday later this month. As of now, we are having one class on Memorial Day – a 9 am class 60 minute class.
We hope you are loving your yoga practice and coming to the studio as much as we loving having you! We are always open to your suggestions and we are here to answer your questions anytime!
Cheryl & Kate